The 1st Markham Medvents is opened to any youth (15-26 years old) or adult volunteer willing to subscribe to the criteria set out by Scouts Canada.
Is this program for you? Do you want to be part of something new in southern York Region (Town of Richmond Hill and City of Markham)? If your answer is YES to any of the following questions, come out and find out more about us:
- In an emergency are you the one that runs the other way or are you the one that runs towards it?
- Are you interested in helping people in need or at their worst moment?
- Does first aid sound interesting to you?
- Would you like to try something different in Scouting?
- Would you like to travel across Canada to help out at Jamborees?
- Curious to see what is inside an ambulance, while not being a patient in one?
- Are you interested a career in Medical field, Paramedicine or just meeting your every day hero, Paramedics?
This is a Scouts Canada program, so all our members are Scouts Canada members. If you were not a member before joining MedVents, you will register as a Scouts Canada member when registering with us. Some of our members are Scouts Canada members before joining our program. They may chose to stay registered with their current group and continue to wear your group's necker. In this case, 1st Markham York Region MedVents would be their secondary group.
No experience is necessary. We will provide you with all the necessary training. We need you to bring your willingness to learn and your willingness to put your training into practice. You get to wear an awesome uniform too. We hope you do not mind you standing out in a crowd. Well, we like to be noticed!
Interested? Not sure about joining? Would you like more information? Want us to have chat with your members and Advisors? Want to attend an information session? To contact us use our contact page.